TFDMemTable - -712. Cannot read [Manager] object.

TFDMemTable - -712. Cannot read [Manager] object.
My TFDMemTable component has suddenly stopped working correctly. If It try to Load from File I get the error message: '[FireDAC][Stan]-712. Cannot read [Manager] object.'
I thought my libraries got corrupted, so I did a complete reinstall, but I still have the issue.
To reproduce: Add a TFDMemTable component; right click and select Load from File; select any of the sample data files (xml) that comes with RAD Studio and viola, error.
I'm using Delphi Seattle on Windows 8.1.
Any help will be appreciated!!!
Regards,
Johan

Comments

  1. Johan Swart No problem Johan, I agree that the entire format changed and this in my opinion is not good if you wanted to create an XML feeder application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that biolife.xml file was saved by TClientDataSet. And yes, both memory tables do use proprietary format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristian Peța Yes but you would have thought they would have stated that the Samples Data folder contained XML files that could not be read by FDMemtable or create a separate folder for each one, CDS and FDMemtable.

    The help documentation should also state the similar thing which I could not find it and after finding the solution in the Community it was resolved but boy what a waste of time figuring out something that should have been clearly documented or the error message should have say 'Invalid Format' that would have better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment