There are rumors that Allen Bauer is no longer at Embarcadero. Is that correct?

Comments

  1. David Millington " Current direction with iOS, Android, Mac and Linux is fantastic." I was one of the few who praised FireMonkey (Freudian slip - just typed "FireMoney"!!!) as a way to broaden the base of users and a chance to compete in a market without a monopoly. 

    The problem is there's no sign it brought in many new users (the cancellation of AppMethod is another indication) which means that the existing base are still primarily the Windows users of old. 

    PowerBuilder now runs on .NET and can target the web too, but obviously it didn't help them gain any market share momentum. 

    I'm excited that there will be a set of "new eyes" to bring fresh new ideas to the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Mitzen I've seen it before, but less and less.

    Maybe I'm weird but I really like interacting with our customers and users. It's one of the things I really enjoy with my current job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asbjørn Heid It's not weird - I like interacting with customers too. It's great to find out what the products you work on are really used for and how useful they are for people, and to directly see how people are using them and what needs to be changed or added. I really enjoy it. And not everyone likes it, IMO it's great you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment