Hi, client's code to set it's app as a default handler (eg, opening) no longer works. Reading brings me to the reason that the current registry edits to set an app as a default no longer works on Win8 and above (that Hash value on UserChoice is really a killer) and tried deleting the HKCU\..\FileExts\..\UserChoice key, making my app the only one in HKCU\..\FileExts\..\OpenWithProgids and lot's of registry edits that I could find in the net but I somehow can't get it to work.
Hi, client's code to set it's app as a default handler (eg, opening) no longer works. Reading brings me to the reason that the current registry edits to set an app as a default no longer works on Win8 and above (that Hash value on UserChoice is really a killer) and tried deleting the HKCU\..\FileExts\..\UserChoice key, making my app the only one in HKCU\..\FileExts\..\OpenWithProgids and lot's of registry edits that I could find in the net but I somehow can't get it to work.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Comments
Post a Comment