I guess that by now many people are aware that parts of the Embarcadero website have been hacked. I know it will take time to work out what has happened, and I am very much looking forward to hearing from Embarcadero with an explanation in due course. I am naturally concerned about the security of passwords.

I guess that by now many people are aware that parts of the Embarcadero website have been hacked. I know it will take time to work out what has happened, and I am very much looking forward to hearing from Embarcadero with an explanation in due course. I am naturally concerned about the security of passwords.

I would be very much relieved if I were to be told that Embarcadero had hired in outside and expert help in order to investigate what has happened. As many people have pointed out, there has been a long history of poor security from the internet facing aspects of the business, and I don't have a lot of faith in the in-house IT admin of Embarcadero. This latest incident only serves to strengthen that view.

Let's hope that we get a good response from Embarcadero and that they go some way to rebuilding all the trust that such events erode.

Marco Cantu

Comments

  1. Jim McKeeth  I take it that Embarcadero does not intend to make any public announcement on this issue.  I am disappointed by this, and judging by other comments here on G+, and by the voting on my previous question, I am far from alone in that view point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan we are compiling information and making changes. I suspect we will have more to share at some point. But if you do have specific concerns please to let me know. We take security very important and are looking for ways to improve our processes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim McKeeth Thank you, that sounds more like it. I look forward to hearing more when you have got a better picture of what to tell us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment