EurekaLog vs MadExcept

EurekaLog vs MadExcept

Hello
My EurekaLog subscription has just expired. And before I decide to renew it or not, I'd like to check what other options I have. I know that there is similar product called MadExcept, but I can't tell anything about it.
Some concerns arised because EurekaLog bussines model has changed. They expect me to pay 1 year subscription fee. Nothing fancy here, Embarcadero works like this, DevExpress works like this. and there I know what I pay for (I guess), but when it comes to EurekaLog and looking at couple years history, it looks like subscription covers only bug fixing and compability with current Delphi version. One would say why should I expect more. Then I would answer: sure, this is something but not for half price of the new licence.

Would you, ladies and gentelmen ;-), share your opinions on both product, maybe some comparison, you experience (bad and good), if you don't mind...

Thanks
Marcin

Comments

  1. Nick is completely wrong there. Nobody wants to pay again to fix software that should have worked to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that for companies, the subscription model provides a more steady income, but as a consumer I don't like paying for somethings before it's clear what I'll get.

    Delphi subscriptions have recently been paid, but all I've seen is a vague bullet list called the road map. What we'll really get is still unclear.

    That why I plan to cancel it, and just upgrade if there's something that makes it worth it (not much interesting stuff on the roadmap)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MadExcept. It's free to download and try it. Do so.
      I have my own PHP script that I use to integrate it with RedMine, so that bugs are automatically logged and the madexcept report, and my application logs are attached automatically. Love love love MadExcept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment