Here's a rule of thumb to which I hope others can relate:

Here's a rule of thumb to which I hope others can relate:

The smaller the bug, the harder it is to find... but the easier it's likely to be to fix once you've actually found it!

I've spent over a MONTH (albeit with other assignments coming my way and being completed very rapidly during this time) trying to track down an output issue in my employer's vast mess masquerading as a "codebase".

I finally found the blighter today... and the solution consists of wrapping the parameter holding the string data with a call to Trim().

Unbelievable investment of time on my part for such a small solution, but that's life, right?

Comments

  1. Just be happy you're not paid by lines of code produced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't trim the spaghetti, you just wrap it round and round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas Mueller I would never take such a roll!

    One line altered, £5
    Figuring out which line to alter: £10,000

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment