I know my fellow senior Delphi guy Nick Hodges will agree with me that a world with fewer WITH statements is a better world.

I know my fellow senior Delphi guy Nick Hodges will agree with me that a world with fewer WITH statements is a better world.
Also a world with more IDE experts that you built for yourself to automate painful or error-prone processes that you encounter in your daily Delphi coding work might be a better world for you, too.
Here's some sample starter code for writing an IDE wizard, including two hello world minimal skeletons and one wizard that uses the castalia parser to check if you lined up your BEGIN and END statments and if there are any WITH statements in your code.

http://www.tdug.com/2016/04/april-meeting-follow-up-2/
http://www.tdug.com/2016/04/april-meeting-follow-up-2

Comments

  1. I recompiled the JCL package yesterday for Berlin, and it barfed because of a "with" (that may also have been the case for Seattle, though)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment