If anyone installs Berlin in a Parallels VM on OSX, I'd be interested to know if you run into this issue: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-14241

If anyone installs Berlin in a Parallels VM on OSX, I'd be interested to know if you run into this issue: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-14241

Seems one of the Parallels tools may cause the GetIt installer to hang. I did not observe this during the beta on Windows 10 in Parallels, just on my real VM (of course) which is Win7, yesterday and today. I strongly suspect it's a Parallels bug, not an Embarcadero one.

If you run into it, I killed the prl_cc.exe process and after the installer promptly crashed, re-ran Berlin. This time it completed fine.
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-14241

Comments

  1. If the issue is with the SDK installer -- that's Microsoft installation software. It might be a combination of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marco Cantù I'm not sure. It appeared after the SDK closed, but only a minute or less after (I was switched away from the VM.) I put that in to add as much detail as possible, and perhaps narrow down the stage of the install where the error occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a Parallels bug, not an installer one, but it's worth adding a bug report so it can be looked into anyway. Parallels + Win7 + Berlin is probably a moderately common VM solution.

    Oddly, I couldn't find a GetIt log at any of the above locations, or anywhere else either, even searching, so I haven't inspected it to see if it contains something useful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment