An email account that should only be known to myself and Embarcadero (and I suppose whoever they might share with) is suddenly getting viri laden emails from some folks doing some phishing,.

An email account that should only be known to myself and Embarcadero (and I suppose whoever they might share with) is suddenly getting viri laden emails from some folks doing some phishing,.

Our email system (give everyone a custom email account so you can track this sort of thing and turn it off) seems to be a reasonable precursor for predicting news stories about this sort of thing. Adobe to comes to mind. hmmm. So far, the system has held true.

Just saying, one might want to consider changing account passwords... I'm sticking up a post it note to remind me to get that done.

Just a heads up. I'm not pointing any fingers. But something smells compromised, and I just hope to heck it's not on my side.

Joe

Comments

  1. All clean here, at least for now.

    But, Embarcadero has long track of leaking email addresses in their forums if you use email as login instead of user name.

    https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/CMP-13

    Above report is for new community forums, but old forums also leak since forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment