Do you use multiple monitors?

Comments

  1. I've used 2 monitors in the past, ever since I got a 30", never seemed like an additional monitor helps in any way, on the contrary;
    since I got the big monitor, I've used the secondary only for always viewing e-mail, and it was consuming energy for nothing really, since, I always have 2 phones, 2 tablets and a laptop on the desk, all ringing with each e-mail/text/call/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got two, that is my secondary is my older monitor. 

    Though I don't use the second one for that much, it is very nice when doing tasks such as coding file outputs, so I can keep the specs on the secondary and code on the primary. Similar when comparing spec and actual file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using one monitor for the Delphi IDE and the other for everything else, in particular for the windows of the application i'm currently programming / debugging so I can see both, the code and the output.
    Of course "everything else" also includes email, web browser, Putty terminals etc.
    I'm thinking about getting a third monitor with higher resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use 2 monitors one i use for Delphi IDE other for Visual studio 2013 and sometimes for sql server.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One for the IDE, the other for Netflix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two 24" monitors: the main monitor is horizontal and the second monitor is vertical, which is where my code editor resides. Very nice to be able to overview a large block of code at the same time without scrolling.
    So my configuration does not really match this poll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tried two monitors (not of the same size) for several days, but gave up since it' not as handy as I expected...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple of years ago I had six monitors - now down to 3 27"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Delphi inside a VM on an iMac 27". This allows me to have multiple Desktops. And with a monitor HP Pavilion 23" on Left hand. With that, Mac OS allows me to have also a lot of Desktops.

    In a normal session usually I have a desktop for VM with Delphi IDE. Another desktop for JIRA on Atlassian web. Sometimes another desktop with another VM that has a program in test mode o some else. Another desktop, of course for the Mac OS itself.

    On the HP Monitor on left hand, a main desktop with Mac OS, usually with documentation open, and another desktop with a MS Remote Desktop connection, in which I have the MS SQL Server Management Studio of the Database Server.

    For change quickly for one desktop to another I use an Apple touch pad. With a gesture of four fingers to left or rigth I change very quicly.

    It's without doubts the best configuration I ever used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The multi-monitor setup works wonders for me when debugging visual applications. I can see the drawing on the screen happening in monitor A whilst stepping through the code in monitor B. Without the multi-monitors I was having lots of trouble doing this.   
    It's also great when looking up stuff on the net whilst having delphi open. Using Delphi on anything but a full screen is impossible. 

    Now if only I could get the form designer to be on a separate monitor from the code editor, then it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johan Bontes , floating form designer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came from t1o 1920x1200 monitors side-by-side on top of my MacBook.
    Now, at work I've a Philips BDM4350UC on top of my Retina MacBook. At home a Iiyama XB3070WQS-B1 on top. Works splendid. Both big monitors have ~100 PPI which means VCL applications like Delphi work fine. The MacBook is then for browsing and HiDPI aware programs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Johan Bontes​ you can get the form designer on a sparate monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use three monitors and i used to that i can work on one monitor or laptop screen only i just can't

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment