Greetings

Greetings,

I always like to write the minimum amount of posible code, that's why I hate DataSet.FieldByName('bla').AsXXX

So I came up with a helper with an indexed default property:

TDataSetHelper = class helper for TDataSet
private
function GetFieldObject(FieldName: string): TField;
public
property FieldObject[Index: string]: TField read GetFieldObject; default;
end;

And the code now becomes much more easy to write for me, ie:
DataSet['blabla'].AsString

Works as expected. However: when I debug the program, if I mouseover on that, I got nothing; if I bring up Evaluate/Modify on the expression, it shows: "Function to be called, @DispInvoke, was eliminated by linker"

The property is implemented as follows:

function TDataSetHelper.GetFieldObject(FieldName: string): TField;
begin
Result := FieldByName(FieldName);
end;

Thing is, everything works fine on runtime, but I cannot debug properly. Any thoughts?

Comments