Hello World!

Hello World!

My name is Willem Weideman, and I live in Cape Town, South Africa.

I've been coding Delphi since age 10 on Delphi 7ish, can't recall what my first version was, first only casual, then during High School, I had one big client, Medicall. I created for them a custom/scriptable non-relational database built from the ground up. My product is used by Medicall to populate data from the call-center into a client's database.

I got sick (Schizophrenia) and didn't code for about 7 years (age 21-28). I'm 30 now, (born 04/Sep/1985).

The last year or so I have been working for my Dad's securities/derivatives firm DWT.

If you want to trade securities/derivatives in South Africa, goto dwt.co.za! They offer an excellent online trading platform for anyone anywhere in the world to trade SAFEX instruments (South AFrican EXchange)
(securities as in Future/Options, contracts on underlying instruments/derivatives).

I'm creating a platform for HFT (High Frequency Trading), and the routine of focusing my mind for 8-12h a day is playing a big part in my "advanced" recovery, I can focus better, my mind is more nimble, and generally just better ;-).

After this HFT is done, I intend to freelance through the web, because holding a office job won't be possible, I also have severe stress/anxiety/panic disorder, a office environment is just too hostile for me now, maybe in a year or two...

I absolutely love Delphi, although I have coded in C# and Python as well!


That's "Hello World" ;-)
http://dwt.co.za

Comments

Post a Comment