I am trying to play MP4 file (with H.264 video and AAC audio) in Delphi XE Win32 application. I need to be able to skip to a specific time, it is supposed to be a simple app that will allow users to watch the video and select segments of interest... Also the app should be easy to install - preferably no installation needed, only copy .exe and dlls, worst case scenario install some "well known" software (VLC, ffmpeg,...)...

I am trying to play MP4 file (with H.264 video and AAC audio) in Delphi XE Win32 application. I need to be able to skip to a specific time, it is supposed to be a simple app that will allow users to watch the video and select segments of interest... Also the app should be easy to install -  preferably no installation needed, only copy .exe and dlls, worst case scenario install some "well known" software (VLC, ffmpeg,...)...

So far I tried DSPACK+LAV Filters as we use that it another project to play H264 livestream from a webcam, but the video was not decoded right and audio was choppy and the LAV filters required some sort of configuration and I am trying to avoid that.
Next I tried VLC ActiveX as VLC does play the file without any issues. However the documentation was outdated and it required vlccore.dll (and other DLLs). I was not able to find the right ones - so it did not start at all. I even did clean reinstall of vlc (32 bit) and used its DLLs.
Then I tried TMediaPlayer but it needs VFW codecs. I tried to install ffdshow but it still says that it can not detect the media type...

I also noticed FFVCL but its price is too high for this project. The app will have like 20 users tops and is only supplementary to a bigger project. Honestly I did not expect it to be problematic at all, I thought I will put a player, trackbar and few buttons to a form and write few lines of code...

Comments