Need help:

Need help:
I'm using at work a Desktop PC, without serial ports, bluetooth, running a Linux distro and a virtualbox machine w/windows 8.1 with Delphi XE10 (upgraded from XE8)

I only use DXE10, sometimes I do a backup the vm to work at home.
(I read in the past a question related, and some answer tells it was OK and legal to do the above; I hope).
I use Only One instance/vm at given time (mostly at work)
Because of the slow backup from my PC to an external disk, I need to use RDP to the vm from home to work.
But the storm season is here and we have outages and electric storms, that make me shutdown our servers.

Right now, the vm limits my efforts to:
+ upgrade to Berlin (few disk space)
+ I want to program in Android, but the vm-Android inside the vm-vbox are giving me some trouble.
+ With the storms, I can't let turned on my work PC & servers.

So, I got 2 computers that I can use for DXE (one at work/windows8.1, one at home/windows10-maybe) both with the needed hardware to use: serial ports, usb, bluetooth.

At home I can install a "desktop sql edition" to simulate our database and develop without using RDP, in fact I'll try to simulate my office using 2 vm as servers: a nethserver as PDC (domain controller) and other to simulate our ERP setup.

I wonder if the following is possible and legal:
Is possible to do a fresh install of Delphi XE10 (then upgrade to XE10.1) on both computers for MY only use without infringe my licence on XE? (using one at the time)

If possible:
What I need to backup/copy from my vm machine to do a fresh install and activated without issues?

I search and found this files on the vm:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\License\RADStudioXE8.slip
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\License\RADStudio10.slip
C:\Users\All Users\Embarcadero\.licenses\.cg_license

Finally, I wonder if is recommended to "not install" OR "uninstall" DXE8 to end using only DXE10 -then-> DXE10.1
(Maybe on the new computers don't need to uninstall DXE8; 500GB on C seems to be enough)

Regards, thank in advance.

Comments