there was a thread recently where I discovered that some of my old .pas units from when I used to use the old Delphi 5 compiler, there was a difference in line endings...and that caused the run to cursor to be out of sync...the solution was easy...to copy /paste into notepad ++ then copy /paste back out again. But also it has fixed another strange thing in the compiler that was caused by those line endings problem...if you say added a new Tbutton..then double click on that , to get a onclick procedure auto created, the compiler would muck up and have a pprocedure instead of procedure!. that is fixed now..always wondered what was causing that!. Just posting this here in case in helps anyone else, thats all :)

Comments

  1. Yep, I've encountered that issue. I recall that I commented here that there was certain machine with improperly git settings, which made it change line endings to UNIX style rather than Windows. Also Stefan Glienke​ found out another thing messing up the editor, iirc the text encoding must be utf8 or you would get weird buffer errors

    And yeah, I also do the same copy paste back into from notepad++

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a matter of encoding, UTF8 in recent Delphi version vs ANSI in older ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment