20 years next week !


20 years next week !

Comments

  1. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers
    D2 came out a year after D1, and several months before this conference. I wonder whether your recollection is from the following year, when D3 did release in the late summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill Meyer I even spoke at this conference, but I misplaced old part of my conference materials so I'm not sure about what any more. Most likely about Win32 stuff, component writing and expert development, but might be other stuff as well.
    This was around the same time that Mark Miller came over to The Netherlands and we spend a few all-nighters getting the foundation of the CodeRush plugin system going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers
    I actually used CodeRush in early days, but gave it up because it sucked the life out of my CPU. Had some nice features, and a lot I didn't use. Then Castalia came along, and gave me back the structural highlighting, without abusing the CPU, so I happily moved to it. But not any more.

    I built an app--only one, commercially--in D1, and it was used in analysis of HDD head plating runs by a major manufacturer. Started building a video server app in D1, but quickly switched to D2 and NT4 for that. It was used for commercial insertion in cable and broadcast facilities, and went from D2 to D5, and finally, D7. Never moved it to XE, as by then, I was off to other adventures, and the market was soft, anyway, for that product.

    It was fun, though, doing near-real-time on Windows. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment