Anyone have an example to get back the error message from Amazon S3? I am following the Youtube video 'Build App to Store Data in Amazon S3 with Delphi' but I have an error. I just do not know how to catch it so that I can see what the error is.

Anyone have an example to get back the error message from Amazon S3? I am following the Youtube video 'Build App to Store Data in Amazon S3 with Delphi' but I have an error. I just do not know how to catch it so that I can see what the error is.
I suspect it is a security issue. Alternatively, anyone have a simple demo/article on exactly what needs to be setup so that I can Upload an Object into a Bucket on Amazon S3?

Comments

  1. The article is good, but it relies on some third party libraries. I started looking into it, briefly.

    I found an excellent detailed example in the sample set shipped with RAD Studio! It was hidden under Object Pascal\Database\CloudAPI\CloudAPITest. I'm focusing on that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all the important code is in that CloudAPI example. I'm using Azure not Amazon - mainly because the Amazon table stuff Delphi has is for SimpleDB which I'm pretty sure is deprecated, and so I just use Azure Tables and the Azure blob storage. from the Delphi app point of view, it's mostly the same code for Amazon or Azure. It is working pretty well for me, including mobile. I also plan to eventually do some MVC ASP.net web stuff so I decided it may as well all be in Azure. But bottom line, with a little effort , Delphi can handle what I needed for cloud databases and storage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment