Delphi reports in the output window the dcc32 commands needed to do the build. I need to copy that collection of strings and use it myself to drive dcc32 from a separate app, so I can log the output of the compiler, with time stamps.

Delphi reports in the output window the dcc32 commands needed to do the build. I need to copy that collection of strings and use it myself to drive dcc32 from a separate app, so I can log the output of the compiler, with time stamps.

As it turns out, that is more challenging than expected. The collection of strings is large, and I have yet to convert them into a single long string which dcc32 will accept.

I note in passing that dcc32 also complains of file names that are too long. It seems to have a limit at 260 characters. But perhaps that is an old Windows limit.

Anyway, if anyone has gone through this process successfully, suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

  1. Bill Meyer well, you just told it's about a prehistoric Delphi version (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers
    Just 4 hours ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy Sill
    Drop me a note at meyer dot wil at gmail dot com, if you are willing ti share some specifics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment