Hi guys! I'll be skinned alive if I ask this on Stack Overflow ;-) Google-Fu is not applicable here, because I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Hi guys! I'll be skinned alive if I ask this on Stack Overflow ;-) Google-Fu is not applicable here, because I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Background: The system is "Algorithmic Trading", some might recall I had a question that involved, in the end, WebSockets, now I'm /not/ scared about this, I'm confident that breaking it down into pieces would result in a not-so-complex solution, hehe, OK:

I need to draw a candle graph on a cross-platform (Windows, and Android) client, it is the viewing screen of the Algorithmic Trading System and when in Windows, we can look at the candle graph (candles are open-high-low-close data) of the actual ATS (automatic trading system -- called Swordfish), but when on Android, we don't have Swordfish to show us /it's/ graph.

SO, I think I'll be able to figure out what to do with the actual laying down /or drawing/ of the candles...

the important / actual question part:
...
What I need help with is (almost the same root-problem as last) the /technology/ available, would TCanvas suffice (the only docs I could find), or are there better, hardware-accelerated solutions for a Canvas? I just need it fast enough so Android will be able to render it, any clues, or just leads on what to google for?
...

Thanks in advance :-)

PS. I found this, but it's date is 2013... http://sourceoddity.com/blog/2013/10/using-tcanvas-in-delphi-for-android/
http://sourceoddity.com/blog/2013/10/using-tcanvas-in-delphi-for-android/

Comments

  1. Willem Weideman I know what you mean about SO. I seem to get the same response and I am confused with the behaviour of some moderators and super users. I don't seem to get what is vague and not well-defined according to their view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willem Weideman

    1.  Androidapi.JNI.GraphicsContentViewText.JCanvas
    2. Yes. it is OpenGL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment