I am having trouble uploading iOS binary to iTunes Connect for a client that has individual developer account and has granted me admin access to iTunes Connect.

I am having trouble uploading iOS binary to iTunes Connect for a client that has individual developer account and has granted me admin access to iTunes Connect.

He generated distribution provisioning profile which I used to create signed ipa file but I cannot upload it because Xcode asks me for his AppleID credentials which, of course, I don't have. I can edit all information about app but cannot upload the binary.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to upload signed ipa without his AppleID credentials?
2. If above is not possible, would it work if he upgrades his account to company and add me as team member (admin...)

I am asking here and not on Delphi iOS & Android Developers community because this is not strictly Delphi related question.

Comments

  1. Yes, theoretically you can be added onto the account (in the People section) and then your account can be upgraded to a higher access level than the default. Should be able to do the upload after that. So you would login with your own account which has the access into XCode. You can even make a new account with a new email address (maybe at your clients domain) to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as an aside,I was just updating my app on the apple store...it was reviewed overnight...wow...fast!
    (rejected due to incorrect meta data..easy fix)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli M Thanks... I guessed so... it should work in theory... I am worried for the practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a theory. I am doing this now with a project. There is Agent (account owner), Admins, and Members. When an Agent first adds a new user they are a Member. You can upgrade them to an Admin. Admins can do special stuff that a Member can't like create an App Group ID. At the same time the Agent is also not the Company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eli M Just tested with Agent (Company) which added me as admin team member in Developer Portal. It seems like it is working... build is still in processing phase on AppStore so I am not exactly 100% sure...

    If I got you right, you are saying that you can upload builds for Agent that is not a Company. I couldn't do that because that Agent (Individual Developer) cannot add team members in Apple Developer portal, just in iTunes Connect and Xcode does not see me as part of that team, thus I cannot upload builds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Apple Developer portal for me the Membership (above People) on this Agent account it has a Team Name, Team ID, and Team Agent is the Agent account. Then Entity Type
    Company / Organization. I didn't set up the Agent account so not sure about how it was created. If I go over to iTunes Connect with the Agent account.. the second Admin account which I created in the Developer portal isn't over there. It probably needs to be for me to publish an app on that account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eli M If there is People link on the account then it is a company account. Individual developer accounts don't have People link on Developer Portal. Entity type for such accounts is Individual.

    And since you cannot add other people as team members to such accounts it seems that the only person that can upload the binary to such account Agent/Owner. At least this is the part where I got stuck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment