I have a question for those using REST Datasnap (Http connection).

I have a question for those using REST Datasnap (Http connection).

I'm basically retrieving a list of parcels and items (fetched from an SQL Database). These records are serialized thanks to a TFDJSONDataSetsWriter and finally sent to the client.

On win32, no problems, it is almost instant while it can takes up to 10sec with my Android device !

On server side, (container) I have added

Has anyone some experience with REST Datasnap and Android ? IS there some tweaks I need to know ?

Comments

  1. Did you try your méthode on local Android ? Without Internet ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. André Manin did you speak French or English, maybe Frechglish :) .... Well, fwiw I do have an Wifi Access, datasnap server is on the same LAN. This is really strange as data is sometimes retrieved "fast" (1-2 seconds) while most of the time I have to wait up to 10secs....

    Ps : you can write in French if you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je cause français. Il faut mettre le réseau hors de cause. Donc exécuter la méthode en local. Reproduire la commande qui envoyé le rest sur le mobile et mesurer le temps de décodage. Il faut être sur qu il n'y a pas un noeud de ralentissement quelque part. Avant de déterminer que c est la fonction Delphi qui est en cause. On regarde demain en privé si tu veux. Crldt

    ReplyDelete
  4. André Manin​ ok, c'est sympa. A plus tard alors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment