I've seen others suggesting using a later version of the NDK for compiling for Android. I attempted to use NDK r12, however the resulting executable crashes (causes a SIGSEV) in _StrUInt64Digits in System.pas (called from GetICUVersion in ICU.inc) when the app is starting up. This is using Delphi 10.1 Berlin on a Samsung S7 Edge.

I've seen others suggesting using a later version of the NDK for compiling for Android. I attempted to use NDK r12, however the resulting executable crashes (causes a SIGSEV) in _StrUInt64Digits in System.pas (called from GetICUVersion in ICU.inc) when the app is starting up. This is using Delphi 10.1 Berlin on a Samsung S7 Edge.

Has anyone managed to successfully use a later version NDK?

Comments

  1. Have you installed the Samsung hotfix yet? The proble occurs with simple apps like a master-detail created from scratch or only with more complex apps? I have used the latest NDK revision (12c) here with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have the hotfix installed.. This error happens without the debugger. I figure I may have the NDK settings wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I previously posted I works with NDK r10e. With other version (older and newer, I don't remember exactly what version) I got issues as follow:
    - Only building Release works, building Debug returns error about some missing files,
    - Release and Debug works, but in Debug Delphi was unable to execute Android debugger and doesn't stop on breakpoints.
    So try to play with various version of NDK. In Options->SDK Manager tab NDK. Change paths to the folder where you extracted the NDK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is the LLVM version used by Embarcadero's Android toolchain is a bit old and some support for old tools has been removed from newer NDK revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The r10e revision is working pretty amazing :D I suggest you to switch to it :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment