I want to integrate my Delphi DX10 application with Sketchup.


I want to integrate my Delphi DX10 application with Sketchup. My application is a Product Configurator, at this moment specialized in furniture industry.

What I need is create a .skp file with the piece of furniture currently editing on my application and after open this file with Sketchup. The user can make modifications in Sketchup and after close it my application will modify the data of the piece of furniture, accordingly with the modifications in sketchup file.

I know two ways for treat of do this.

The first consist in create from my app, a script in Ruby that I can pass as parameter to Sketchup. This sounds well but the problem is about select a format to export later the modified project. Which format is better for warranting that the data readed, have the precision of the corresponding to the Ruby script I've sent?


The second way consist in make use of the SDK of Sketchup. Is supposed that with this tool I can create, from my application a .skp file, and of course, that after the modifications I can read the resulting .skp file too. The problem here is: my application is realized with Delphi, and the examples of the SDK are for C++. Which language should I use for this integration? Delphi or C++? If I use C++, how to integrate the C++ module with Delphi. Can I use as a .bpl unit or is better insert the data into the database from C++ and use it with Delphi after?


Any one in the group has experience in a similar integration?

I will thank all the stories, advices, and any input.

Thanks to all in advance!!

Comments