No C++ Builder, not even behind VI/VIM.
No C++ Builder, not even behind VI/VIM.
Via Joe C. Hecht
Originally shared by Linux Inside
14 Best IDEs for C++ Programming or Source Code Editors on Linux
#linux #sysadmin #tecmint #programming #coding
http://www.tecmint.com/best-linux-ide-editors-source-code-editors
Via Joe C. Hecht
Originally shared by Linux Inside
14 Best IDEs for C++ Programming or Source Code Editors on Linux
#linux #sysadmin #tecmint #programming #coding
http://www.tecmint.com/best-linux-ide-editors-source-code-editors
I agree with Jeroen Wiert Pluimers - Where is the RAD Studio IDE?
ReplyDeleteThe title says "on Linux"!
ReplyDeletePalle Meinert I forget.. I'm on Linux, but between the VM windows and the VNC Windows, I can't tell what machine I am on half the time,. oops... I said Windows.. Twice.
ReplyDeleteIf Borland/Embarcadero/Codegear is pro in one single discipline, it is betting on the wrong OS.
ReplyDeleteThey did it with
Kylix (a little bit to early, a bit to half-hearted)
Web/HTML5 Builder (seems it was seen as the unloved cousin of Delphi)
iOS (to US-centric, Android market was way higher worldwide)
MacOS (Hype is over - also seen worldwide, but could count as the only win)
now Linux Server (much to late)
Embarcadero Technologies should team up with JetBrains so Delphi (for me the only Embarcadero product worth mentioning, since I don't use C++ Builder) maybe could survive the bleed out. But it sadly is no longer in Embarcaderos own hands.
Linux is going to be where it's at soon. There seem to be a crack in the Windows armor. My son (14) will be taking a class for Linux this summer, and right after we're going to install Linux on two spare machines we have lying around. If it weren't for my work, I wouldn't need Windows at all.
ReplyDeleteSo why can Xamarin and RemObjects do it and the C++ Builder R&D team can't?
ReplyDeleteJavier Hernández Wish they start take advantage of LLVM's features for that. At least on C++ side, which is incredible slow and poor to do any code-insight and refactoring compared to almost everything else on the market.
ReplyDeleteJeroen Wiert Pluimers These are IDEs that run on Linux, which C++Builder doesn't :)
ReplyDeleteDavid Millington hence the question about Xamarin and RemObjects.
ReplyDeleteAtanas Popov has said something about modernizing the IDE....
ReplyDeleteCristian Peța I think what he meant by modernizing the IDE is about UI/UX experience. The IDE relies upon many tools, bring it to another platform is pretty difficult, or even impossible today.
ReplyDeleteCLion is pretty nice for C and C++ developers.
ReplyDeleteI would use NetBeans on Linux, it's a competent C/C++ IDE.
Code::Blocks is not very good. Geany is actually better, if you want a nice way to write a GTK or GTK+ app in C++ on Linux.
If you want to write a QT app, then QtCreator is pretty good.
C++ Builder will NEVER run on Linux.