This code

This code

procedure Foo;
var
arr: TArray;
d: Double;
begin
for d in arr do
;
end;

Produces this hint:

[dcc32 Hint] Project1.dpr: H2077 Value assigned to 'd' never used

Anyone know a good way to suppress the bogus hint? I would prefer keep using a for/in loop rather than a classic for loop, but I'm beginning to feel that the classic for loop is the least painful option. I want to use the for/in loop because in various other places in my code I use the for/in and use the loop value and want to have consistency across related code blocks.

Comments

  1. If 0=1 then break; will be eliminated by the linker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason Wheeler I use linked-lists whenever possible in multi-threading, the main advantage being minimal and guaranteed constant time for insertion/deletions, which in turns means simple Multi-Read Single-Write logic remains efficient even with high concurrency.

    Also I use singly-linked lists as convenient and simple LIFO queues (eliminating the need for container collections).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment