I was checking a website for a piece of software and it says this:

I was checking a website for a piece of software and it says this:

"ERP5 is mostly built in Python, using the NEO transactional NoSQL database and a relational SQL database (MariaDB preferred)"

I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with NoSQL DBs.

As I am not familiar with NoSQL, does this statement mean that NoSQL is used with SQL as an option? can be used? or something else?

And for what purposes one would use NoSQL AND SQL DBs?

Thanks



Comments

  1. I've just seen this. I've only just looked at the start, but thought it might be relevant to the discussion.
    https://medium.baqend.com/nosql-databases-a-survey-and-decision-guidance-ea7823a822d#.ft4gs3sfr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue King - That is one of the better NoSQL descriptions that I've seen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly I made a mistake and learned from it. Thanks Sue King for the article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment