Project Options, Version Info

Project Options, Version Info

My company is UK based and I have a few projects and therefore a few deliverables ( mixture of EXE and DLL ). I am setting the Version Info up, including the Locale ID to $0809 English ( United Kingdom ) and everything seems fine when I check it via properties it has reverted to $0409 English ( United States ).

It feels like I am going insane. I have tried this at least a DOZEN times on the same DLL and the same EXE within the project and the Locale ID always reverts to $0409.

Firstly, Has anyone else experienced this ? and more importantly does anyone have a fix?

Comments

  1. Did you change it in the correct build configuration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes in Release configuration, 64bit windows and Release, 32bit Windows. I also tried Release configuration ( level above ) and All Configurations ( Top level ). It's a proper steering wheel down the pants ( driving me nuts )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't let the IDE anywhere near my version info resource, instead I generate a .rc file, compile it, link it. The IDE isn't fit for purpose here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Heffernan I think after this experience I would agree with you whole whole heartedly !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Heffernan: does this approach work on FMX apps, too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar problem setting the version number resource in the IDE project options -- the solution that worked for me was to delete the project files (the .PROJ and .DPR) and recreate them. You might try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Kouraklis​ I don't know FMX. It will work on Windows for sure. Don't know about other platforms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DDevExtensions has a Set Version Info dialog that works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From my experience, the IDE messes up the .dproj contents and then gets "confused" so whatever you enter in the Project Options version info does not get passed on to MSBuild. Cleaning up (multiple) version info nodes manually from the .dproj usually helps. Once you grok it you can even cut & paste into the right location in the .dproj file.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In case you choose to manage your own .rc file you can have it built automatically by MSBuild: http://tondrej.blogspot.com/2016/08/include-resource-files-in-your-delphi.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ondrej Kelle​ thanks, very helpful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment