Can somebody help me, with firemonkey and LiveBindings?

Can somebody help me, with firemonkey and LiveBindings?
I need to use a ComboEdit to show the user a Name to be selected.
I have a table that stores First and Last name and an ID as Primary Key.
In my main table I have different fields and one is the Integer field as Foreign Key to the Name Table.
Now I want to bind the ComboEdit to show the Name but store the ID in the main Table.

I have been looking for examples for this, but could'nt find anything.
I am using Delphi 10.1.1 Berlin Update 1.

Thanks
Frank

Comments

  1. I would also need some help in Binding One db Element to a checkbox control and at the same time bind the ischecked to the visibility control of another edit field.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. For combobox i believe you need DBlookupcomboplus set list source to table having names and and datafield to id in main table with key field set to ID.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the dbcomboloopupbox is with vcl but not firemonkey.
    Can somebody help me how to Set up a Small Database app with a loopkupfield? Maybe also showing how to bind a checkbox to a db Bit field and simultaneously to the visibility control of another field?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment