I am pulling my hair out trying to get the IDE connected to mySQL via FireDac. Here is what I have tried:


I am pulling my hair out trying to get the IDE connected to mySQL via FireDac. Here is what I have tried:

1. Downloaded mySQL and extracted 32bit libmysql.dll
2. Copied it into the Windows/System32 folder
3. Added Windows/System32 to path
4. Edited the FDDrivers.ini file and added:
[MySQL]
VendorLib=c:\Windows\System32\libmysql.dll

What am I missing here? I can use MyDac and I connect very easily. But I am in a situation now where I can not use any third party components and must use the built in FireDac in Delphi. Help please!

Comments

  1. No not correct. Don't modify the system folder. It belongs to the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, got it. I removed everything and copied the dll into the app directory. Works great!

    Seems like there should be a central repository in Delphi for this kind of thing; i.e. copy it once into this "add-on" folder and then Delphi takes care of the rest for development and deployment. But what do I know..

    Thanks so much, everytime I come to this group I get an education! Without you all I would be lost. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's more of a Windows issue. Keeping all the dependencies in the same folder as the exe is best practice on Windows. Not really Delphi specific.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment