I need help:


I need help:

1) How to migrate ComPort 4.14 to Berlin?
2) To find examples of how to use TurboPower AsyncPro to read scales using to COMx port. I can't find any current examples of how to use it to read the COMx port to read scales in Berlin.

Previously (XE7/XE8) I manage to use ComPort to read a scale in serial port. I search for ComPort for Seattle, but not luck. Then I tweak the source project that works previously and I managed to install in Berlin but it has some bugs: When I right clic the component on "Port settings" it trows an error: Access violation at address 0EAFA11C in module 'DsgnCPortDXE10.bpl'. (I need to learn how to use G+ the image goes at the end of this post)

I create a program and "works" but when I close the port and then open to continue, the application freezes randomly when the port is closed (rice lake scale). I haven't this issue using the same library with other brand of scale (avery). Both scales works differently the rice lake send a continuous reading the avery can be programmed to send the weight when the scale is stable and above of 0.00.

I like comport it works fine in my previous project; and was very simple to use; it worries me when I need to maintain my old project and this issue shows.

Thanks for the help.

* I found the "APRO_DevGuide.pdf" I'm reading now; I hope to find how to use it to replace comport... reading the examples... looks like it can be done.

Comments

  1. Why on earth code like com port is implemented as a component? It is a perfect example of "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sergey Kasandrov Maybe the author need that hammer for his nails :/ ? Now I need to use/borrow his hammer... but maybe you have another one? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried this fork? Seems it supports Seattle at least:
    bitbucket.org - wpostma / TComPort2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I need a code like that, I set runtime-only in package options, if needed remove anything design-time related in code and install it as runtime package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwe Raabe I will test it right now... maybe works in Berlin.
    Then what I need is learn how to migrate this kind of code for new versions of Delphi; as said by Blanche DuBois: "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." but right now its time to learn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment