Ok, I have two datasnap web services , where I'm using two different ports (I have it in an ini file, and when each service starts, I set the port in the ServiceStart event). On Windows 7, I can install and start both services. On Windows Server 2012, if the first installed service is running, the second one can't be installed (gets an error saying the port is already in use). If I stop the first one, I can install the second one, but I cannot run both services at the same time. Any ideas? It is strange that it works fine in Windows 7 and not Windows server 2012.

Comments

  1. THere is a firewall since this is on a server at work. THere is a port setting in the TDSTCPServerTransport component that is hardcoded to 211, but I changed them to something else in both services. Same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start the first service and use netstat -anpb tcp to see which app is listening on that port. IIRC also there was netsh policy about allowing http access...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know why a datasnap service needs to listen on two ports? There is one on the TDSTCPServerTranport and one on the TDSHTTPService. I see how to set the Port on the TDSHTTPService, but if I turn off autostart on the TDSTCPServerTranport, in order to start it later in the code, any code calling the web service can't find it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment