this would be nice, my solution for my client is actually having about 8 different applications, depending on what need to be done.

this would be nice, my solution for my client is actually having about 8 different applications, depending on what need to be done.

I have to manually reset each of these apps version number every time I release, which is often enough to be a waste of time.

So I have a dot separated (as normal) versioning system, but the highest value a section can have is 9 (ie base 10). ex 1.0.9.0 ("why base 10?" - thats another story ;-) )

The broad question is, would it be possible (with clues from you) to just click on a button, have all applications have their (base10) version number incremented. delphi-click-build-all, and release?

thanks guys

Comments

  1. Agustin Ortu will definitely keep that in mind, thanks! I haven't needed all of that yet, but will probably in the future, if all goes well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a bunch of resource include files for various projects. Eventually they all include 1 file having the master version number. 1 change (from a CI system if you want) and a build-all (from CI) and you have a new version of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use python to set version information and my python tool actually modifies my .dproj files to tweak the versions inside there. It's a disaster and if I was doing it again I would just do what David said and use RC files I generated with python, and leave the .dproj hackery out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment