What am I supposed to do with this error?

What am I supposed to do with this error?

I have created a package, compiled it outside the IDE and installed it. Then, I go to Component>Install Packages and I can see the package but it is unchecked. When I try to check and activate it, I get this message:

Cannot load package "xxxx". It contains unit "unitA", which is also contained in package "yyyy"

Does this mean that I can't load "xxxx" again? My package, in the requires, doesn't include a reference to that package.

Inspecting the source code, I can see that {$IMPLICITBUILD ON}. Am I right to suspect this may be the cause of my error? Is it ok if I turn it off?

Thanks.

Comments

  1. Yes it doesnt matter. A unit is used, dont matter where

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Kouraklis just to clarify, using units in "implementation" is for two main reasons: 1) Speed. if unitC uses unitB and unitB uses unitA, modifying unitA will recompile unitB but not unitC (so, a little bit faster speed for the compiler), and 2) unitC uses unitB, unitB uses unitA, and unitA uses unitC (circular usage), this can only be done using units in implementation, otherwise the compiler raises error

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment