http://www.rg-software.de/ ->Delphi TSevenZipVCL

http://www.rg-software.de/
-
>Delphi TSevenZipVCL

TSevenZipVCL, works with a 7za.dll.

When using it in 64bit compiler however, the message is "Could not load CreateObject function from 7za.dll".
Under 32bit it has been working for quite some time now. (yes, hehe, the 7za.dll is in the \Win64\Debug folder).

I want to increase the number of different "Binary Diffs" is running in parallel (creating a patch file to later be applied to the previous version of the app suite). At the moment I'm spawning 8x console apps with RAM usage ~400Mb ea.

Now this works fine, but I want to display progress of the Diff process, thus having to encapsulating the console app into my app. And then the ram limit of 32bit is (I think) ~3Gb? So I can't load the processes x8 into my own 32bit exe, for I will hit the memory limit. Short of writing the progress to a file and then reading that file for display of the progress, although that sounds a bit "hacky" to me, I need to move 7z to 64bit.

Possible?

Anybody know something I could try?
http://www.rg-software.de/

Comments

  1. hmm thanks, cool! David Heffernan, I'm just used to a calmer approach to "debugging", I've always felt the best way to deal with the question is to not become too exited about it, just because you don't know what the error is, don't get angry with it... sorry I missed that one, my fault, thank you for showing it out. respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stress enough though that you should not put anything in system32. You might do well to tidy up the files you have dropped there, and in syswow64.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment