I recently re-installed RAD Studio Berlin because I upgraded to an SSD. It triggered the "too many installations" issue, so I used a evaluation key so that I could use Delphi until Embarcadero upped my install limit. By using the eval key, the source code to RTL, FMX, etc wasn't installed.

I recently re-installed RAD Studio Berlin because I upgraded to an SSD. It triggered the "too many installations" issue, so I used a evaluation key so that I could use Delphi until Embarcadero upped my install limit. By using the eval key, the source code to RTL, FMX, etc wasn't installed.

Where can we get the source code package to install after converting eval key to registered user key?

TIA

Comments

  1. Does modify/update work after you registered with a proper key?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you me re-running the installer? I tried that and it immediately said that I need to uninstall the currently installed version (it's the same version installed from the same installer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Taylor bummer. Since the 7z files are password protected and I've yet to attempt to find out how to get in, I think you're stuck and really need a re-install.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your help, Jeroen Wiert Pluimers. I was planning on a re-install as last resort, but I was hoping there was a shortcut.

    Surly, going from a demo key to a registered key is a valid/tested workflow with Embarcadero, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about after updating the key you do a Repair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old installer supported it, but the GetIt based installer has issues with "trial to paid" version migration... something we want to get fixed, but not trivial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Marco Cantù! It is the GetIt installer, indeed. It's good to see Embarcadero is aware and want to fix it. At least the GetIt installer installs pretty quick, so re-install is pretty painless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apart from price, this is a reason why I won't upgrade from Delphi 2007. I was unaware that Embarcadero could do.this to my software and one weekendd night it occurred. Left a very sour experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brian Lewis, I agree. At the very least, give us a website where we can de-register old computers that count against our limit. Like what Office 365 has. I have two old computers still counting against my license that don't even work anymore. My license is still the one from XE8. They haven't given me a new one since.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment