Ouch...


Ouch...

while uninstalling Berlin UPD1 with Berlin UPD2 Setup...

Comments

  1. Seems that happens only when you uninstall within the new setup. A plain uninstall directly from Windows doesn't show that error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they do not test such things as uninstalling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will the installer apply updates without removing everything ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul TOTH As explained several times on several forum, I think that the choice of removing everything before upgrading is the the quickest route to go. In fact, due to the large number of files involved by the update it would be very slow to do an in-place patch of each file. I remember of having read that uninstalling everything (keeping all settings and third party libraries) was the fastest way to upgrade a RAD Studio install. Maybe I am wrong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Achim Kalwa May be they actually do, I don't know, but they definitely cannot do for everyone's individual installation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uwe Raabe Sorry, I was a litte bit upset because I had the very same error message while uninstalling using the new setup. Maybe I should try to become a beta tester :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In any case the installer takes ages to perform a clean install...so we could tolerate lengthy real upgrade option if settings were preserved

    ReplyDelete
  8. Achim Kalwa I don't blame you. I got the same thing and I think it is poor effort on the part of Embarcadero Technologies
    If this is what I get while I upgrade, I don't hold much faith about the actual product...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment