The installation of Update 2 isn't as smooth as described. There seems to be a mechanism that decides about if a setting and a component package is kept or will be removed.

The installation of Update 2 isn't as smooth as described. There seems to be a mechanism that decides about if a setting and a component package is kept or will be removed.
I had to reinstall all components I did install previously via GetIt and there are some component packages that I could rescue via the Repair option in the related package setups (DevExpress, LMDTools, FastReport Pro).

So at the end: not as smooth as expected, but also not as bad as expected. It took 20 minutes to install the update - incl. performing the necessary repair tasks.

Comments

  1. I got two totally different experiences installing update 2.
    At home updating the starter edition via web update "just worked". I just let it run, came back after a while to check if it was finished and everything was ok.
    At work updating via the iso image screwed up everything. Spent more than an hour on the update until now. Still counting.
    I'm not using GetIt.
    Installing the previous update 1 from the iso went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out the update isn't finished yet. Most projects can now be built without problems but the components are not registered yet in Delphi. So the Uninstall initiated during the update process removes more settings than it should, despite having the "keep settings" option selected during the update.

    I should mention I did skip Update 1 and went from Berlin 10.1 directly to Update 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I made an uninstall from the 10.1upd1 version.
    After that I started the setup from the ISO Image.
    After 30 minutes the install was finished. and worked without any problems.
    All 3rd party, my own and several GetIt components are installed and working fine.

    System:
    Win10 Pro
    RadStudio Pro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment