Using the ISO to install update 2 in a PC/w8.1 without Internet, the "microsoft SDK" setup appears and fails (I was expecting the SDK integrated in the ISO).

Using the ISO to install update 2 in a PC/w8.1 without Internet, the "microsoft SDK" setup appears and fails (I was expecting the SDK integrated in the ISO).

I can take this computer to a location with Internet (~2 hours from here)
I wonder how to re-run the "microsoft SDK" on this computer from the ISO? (with little time to do it again)
Optional: How I can get/save the "microsoft SKD" and install on this PC? (I barely recall that the setup says something about saving-store the sdk downloaded)
Thanks for help

Comments

  1. The Microsoft SDK installer (which is what we are using) requires downloading the actual bits online. The installer is only an installation program, doesn't include the actual data. There is really nothing we can do to change it.
    However, RAD Studio requires it only for Windows 10 specific support, so most likley you don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marco Cantù But is possible to create windows 10 apps from Berlin in w8.1? I'm stuck with desktop apps at this moment, I'm just curious about them. Anyway I'll need the SDK for windows 8.1 for code signing (still researching this).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard Baroniunas Yes, but code signing was available also in previous SDKs. And all SDKs can be downloaded freely from Microsoft web site. The newer one adds support for creating Appx packages, needed for Centennial bridge support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard Baroniunas Got it, we can consider extending the support to code signing only (and not APPX creation)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attila Kovacs
    The question was for me? The PC is in a remote location, and there is no Internet. Then I want to download the SDK store in an usb stick.. you know :)
    There is our developer coding... poor thing no social network... just hens and eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment