Does Delphi installer install OpenSSL dll's?

Comments

  1. I don't think so. I always have to download OpenSSL installer (or just the dll files) and put in a project's bin folder (where the exe file is generated) or just put to some folder that is on PATH list (usually Windows or Windows\System32, but it isn't good practice I think)
    If you want the files for Indy's HTTPS, be known that not all OpenSSL version are compatible with Indy. I don't remember which one excactly. You should test all of them.
    And remember that the dll files are different for 32 and 64 bit executables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found 15 copies of ssleay32.dll in different subfolders on my disk C:, and at least one of them is globally available (via LoadLibrary('ssleay32.dll') call from any location). Delphi installs ssleay32.dll in subversion subfolder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sergey Kasandrov XE8 installs 1.0.1g quite vulnerable to a lot of stuff. Time to write another blog article... https://www.openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment