Hello Guys

Hello Guys,

I've 3 questions about TListview (Firemonkey) :

- TListview is filled via LiveBindings. All my data (coming from a TList) is there but I cannot select any of them : there is no "highlighted row" and TListview.Item.Selected is always the same... I don't have this problem when running EMB samples. I really don't know how to solves this.

- Tlistview search feature is nice but it looks like filtering is only working on text items objects. My listview is set to group items. There is no filtering when typing for example the text displayed on the the "header". Is there any workarround ?

- Lets put Livebindings appart... How can I associate an object to an added item ? On Vcl you can use Additem and pass a text and an object. This is not the case with the FMX version.

Thank you

Comments

  1. 1 and 2 --> You use the DataSet to search, filter and delete. The TListView is just a UI control. The DataSet is your core object here. Let the LinkList... do it job synching the UI with Data
    3 --> Maybe a dictionary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agustin Ortu​ thank you for your proposal. I've updated my post to be more clear. Data is coming from a TList (it is basically a serialized JSon object getting from a REST server).

    I'm using the build in Tlistview search function and I don't want to re write the Ui. I will check later if there is an Onsearch event where I can do this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without LiveBindings, you can use the TagObject property of every item inserted into the list, as a pointer to... everything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juan C. Cilleruelo​ thank you. FMX learning curve... Sometimes I really miss the VCL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment