I've been following the posts here for some time, and it feels to me like there has been a step change in the number of posts reported Delphi defects in recent time. It feels like the Berlin updates are more buggy than others in recent times.

I've been following the posts here for some time, and it feels to me like there has been a step change in the number of posts reported Delphi defects in recent time. It feels like the Berlin updates are more buggy than others in recent times.

I personally am working on XE7 for my day to day work. So, I personally don't have experience on Berlin. What do others out there feel? Is the vibe I am feeling in this group representative of actual product quality? It would be disappointing were that to be the case, given Emba's stated goal of improving quality.

Comments

  1. David Heffernan I would say that what you are seeing is not due to huge discrepancy in quality between recent releases, but the fact that bug reporting infrastructure has improved with Quality Portal. You can more easily track bugs you are interested in and feedback has been greatly improved, too. So it makes sense to put additional spotlight into larger issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalija Prasnikar  I was more commenting in light of lots of posts here in this group describing problems with the latest Berlin, especially with installation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Heffernan Well, installation is a weak point at the moment... it can go from peace of cake to total disaster... randomly...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment