I let my #SmartInspect maintenance run out today, simply because there doesn't seem a single point in renewing it. It's not like the vendor is putting any resources in updating the product to match the current Delphi version. Instead they keep answering all questions in that matter with "just use the current version, it works" (missing the IDE plugin, of course), so why bother? Sad, but it looks like the focus is elsewhere, probably even more after having been bought by Idera.
To be fair this has nothing to do with them being bought by Idera but has been like that for years - I am sure revenue from TestRail is several orders of magnitude higher than for SmartInspect - so guess where resources are being assigned to.
ReplyDeleteIt would be nice though if they shipped the sources for the IDE plugin so you can compile for newer versions yourself. Dennis Gurock
True, that's my assumption as well. And I'm not really mad about the situation, it's just a bit annoying. The only thing that always bugged me were the "coming soon" messages on the SI forum, and then nothing happened... #tumbleweed
ReplyDelete