Why when I double click on a line in the callstack sometimes the debugger shows the disassembly window instead of the editor? What triggers this behaviour, how can I disable it? I know you love pointers and everyting, but come on! #theworstfeatureever


Why when I double click on a line in the callstack sometimes the debugger shows the disassembly window instead of the editor? What triggers this behaviour, how can I disable it? I know you love pointers and everyting, but come on! #theworstfeatureever

Comments

  1. It depends on the level of debug info that the unit was compiled with, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan it is compiled with debug info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Works fine for me. What's different about your setting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works fine for me too until it doesn't. Nothing special is about the configuration. It looks like a bug in the debugger to me. Depends on the call stack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This particular stack has functions from win32 runtime. (We are inside WM_PAINT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you look at the call stack, you can see the dot next to each item is gray, not blue. That indicates the IDE isn't finding the debug info.

    Why? Common reasons can be the same filename on several paths, or a DCU being found on the path before the DCU you intended to build and link it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Millington maybe, however degugging of the same units works just fine most of the time.
    And the fact the IDE cannot find the debug info is funny too, because I can see the debug info in the disassembly clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. at least the line numbers are present

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a long known issue with the debugger that he suddenly does not find the debug information any more. You have to restart the IDE to fix it (until it happens again).
    To me that happens sometimes several times a day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment