Do you use build events?

Comments

  1. I've no idea how to choose between the two Yes options

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan I usually have two calls:

    Pre-Build events:
    call ..\buildtools\prebuild.cmd $(PROJECTPATH)
    Post-Build events:
    call ..\buildtools\postbuild.cmd $(OUTPUTDIR)$(OUTPUTNAME)

    and use them in all my projects. So, for me it's the first Yes option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Background: I'm thinking about adding a configurable "Default" button for these in GExperts and am wondering whether I am the only one who would profit from that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same. I apply them by an option set. Which to me seems cleaner than what you are proposing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Heffernan  You are right, but AFAIK Delphi 2007 (my primary IDE) does not have option sets (does it?). Apart from that, I am not even sure many people know about them. There are many features in the Delphi IDE that are so poorly documented that nobody uses them, or they tried to use them and couldn't figure out how, or don't know what they are good for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, GExperts has an "Project Option Sets" Expert. I wasn't even aware of it and have no idea what it actually does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment