Hi, I need a support for applications that start with Windows 10, Uses Registry codes only do not work on Windows 10. Any tips for it works, something else needs to be done? I read something about Manifest and UAC.

Hi, I need a support for applications that start with Windows 10, Uses Registry codes only do not work on Windows 10. Any tips for it works, something else needs to be done? I read something about Manifest and UAC.

This code works in Windows 7:

Reg := TRegistry.Create;
S := ExtractFileDir(Application.ExeName) + '\' +
ExtractFileName(Application.ExeName);
Reg.RootKey := HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
Reg.Openkey('SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN', false);
Reg.WriteString('', S);
Reg.CloseKey;
Reg.Free;

Any tips?

Comments

  1. Very good, I get the insertion in HKCU and also in HKLM. Yesterday, doing searches checked that only with my project does not work, with a new project works. I thought it was the folder location (C:\\), but neither is it. I will continue to check my sources to find the problem. But thank you very much for the patience and help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem ! Happy to help !

    I reckon I didn't get the HKLM because I am not an Administrator of my own PC ( networked dev. machine )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assuming you have write rights to HKLM is a very bad idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment