Originally shared by Thomas Mueller (dummzeuch)

Originally shared by Thomas Mueller (dummzeuch)

Hiding the Quick Action and Description panel in Delphi with GExperts

Delphi 2010 introduced two new panels at the bottom of the Object Inspector in the Delphi IDE, the Quick Action panel and the Description panel.
I didn’t really notice them until I read this question on StackOverflow. It caught my attention because the screenshot showed mostly captions of the menu items added by GExperts to the context menu of the form designer.
MartynA showed a way to hide them in his answer and gave me permission to use his code in GExperts. ...
https://blog.dummzeuch.de/2017/01/08/hiding-the-quick-action-and-description-panel-in-delphi-with-gexperts/

Comments

  1. This is only necessary for versions below Seattle. Recent Delphi versions provide settings for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my question! Thank you very much Thomas, I was just trying to figure out how to apply SO user MartynA's code :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable, I just asked the question and got a ready to use solution :D Thank you Thomas the the original SO user MartynA :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edwin Yip MartynA's code worked out of the box (after adding a unit name and "interface"). For a test I just plugged the unit into the GExperts project and compiled it. Of course then I had to improve it. ;-)
    (I didn't like his workaround and wanted it to be configurable.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment