Amazon Web Services

Amazon Web Services

I am looking at using Delphi and AWS. I was looking at SQS and SNS. These are fine and documented, but I was also looking at SimpleDB. SimpleDB is no longer presented on the AWS Console and it appears as if ( https://techcrunch.com/2013/11/12/amazon-dynamodb-serves-trillions-of-requests-per-month-while-counterpart-simpledb-is-no-longer-a-listed-product-on-aws/ ) it is deprecated and has been replaced with DynamoDB.

Can someone like Marco Cantù tell me : Is there any moves in Embarcadero to change the AWS packages to cater for this in the next release of Delphi ?

Also in the AWS Console is RDS and there is a choice of Aurorar, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server ( incl. express edition ). How does Delphi currently maage connecting to and RDS SQL Server instance ? If it can't now, will this be coming in future editions of Delphi ?
https://techcrunch.com/2013/11/12/amazon-dynamodb-serves-trillions-of-requests-per-month-while-counterpart-simpledb-is-no-longer-a-listed-product-on-aws/

Comments

  1. A. Bouchez Nice article, would be even better if they paid tax on that in the UK instead of handing the UK Govt. some paltry token ... Anyhow, none of this helps me ..... I need to :

    1. Create a SimpleDB: but it's not presented on the AWS Console anymore. People have managed to create SimpleDB's despite this, but I've not managed to .. Instead I have managed to tear more hair out of my head ( and there isn't much there anyhow )
    2. Get the demo's by Pawel Glowaki ( community.embarcadero.com - Learn To Quickly Integrate With Amazon Web Services In Delphi And RAD Studio ) working. I have got the SNS one working, but the CloudIamages one and the CloudAPITest just keep bombing out because the can't connect

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment