Developing for Low/HiRes and big monitors.

Developing for Low/HiRes and big monitors.

Hi guys,

I am seeking an advice on two things. I am going to buy a 27" monitor and this means I will have lots of space to arrange windows, etc.

I am curious to know for what screen size I should be aiming for while I am writing an app. What would be a common form size to stick with so I minimise any chances of components getting messy because of scaling of the form?

Then, I have a similar question for the images. Now, I am using a 1920x1080 monitor and I found that 48x48 images look nice. I tried to go for anything between 36x36 to 256x256 and scale up/down but the end result is awful. This means I need more that one image sizes and I have seen MS and Apple's guidance on this. But I am not sure how to decide which small/average size is suitable. With retina and 3840x... resolution things are easy. But I get confused with smaller sizes.

As always, open to suggestions and comments. Thanks in advance.

Comments

  1. FWIW, I assume a min of 1024x768 at 96 dpi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is safe. Thanks all for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1024x600 netbooks were quite popular and are still used. So it really depends on your target audience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment