Hi there

Hi there,

I have a problem with FMX.TEdit on Android. When I "click" on the edit to input some text, the system context menu is invoked (copy, paste, etc).

I don't really know why it is implemented like that (not the plataform behaviour where you need to tap and hold to invoke the context menu), and I cannot find a way to disable or intercept it

MCVE is a blank FMX app with a TEdit on it. No code, event handlers nor properties changes.

I'm using 10 Seattle btw, but I could reproduce it on Berlin aswel. My target is a Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.1

Comments

  1. It wasn't intentionally implemented like that: it's an issue that raised its ugly head when Android 6 came out. There's a bunch of issues reported about it on the Quality Portal:

    quality.embarcadero.com - System Dashboard - Embarcadero Technologies

    Search for Android and TEdit and/or TMemo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment