I want to write a small app that can be invoked using a special keyboard combination on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android something like a global shortcut to activate the app.

I want to write a small app that can be invoked using a special keyboard combination on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android something like a global shortcut to activate the app.

Any pointers would be appreciated. i got some information on hooks in Windows, but have no idea how to do something similar in the other operating systems.

Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

  1. Related to this, I want to read. or know the current highlighted text, if any, in the application that was active when the shortcut was pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Juan, I am thinking in that direction .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johan Swart You can do it by running an AppleScript or a terminal command. Have a look at this link. stackoverflow.com - Programmatically add keyboard shortcut to Mac System Preferences

    I haven't tried it but I am interested to see if it works. So, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment